Seldom and Never

The random ruminations of a father of two, who rarely has time to post. (I'm trying, okay, and don't quote Sean Connery to me).

Matt, go mow the grass! Then, you can take out the garbage... this message sponsored by the CMSC Better Living committee

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Positive thinking

Believe it or not, one of my favorite tools is perspective. I enjoy taking something and looking at it in as many ways as possible. While this is quite frustrating to some people (who are either married to me or working for me), I find that it helps me make the best decisions in most cases. As I've drifted to sleep lately, I've been thinking of all the negative things going on. It's not particularly healthy, so I'm going to come up with a short list of things that I'm either thankful for, or that are just plain good.

1. I have an incredible, awesome, caring wife and two beautiful children
2. I can read this and not believe it.
3. My sister just had her 5th child (3rd boy), and he is beautiful and healthy.
4. So is she.
5. I’m going to get to see my brother later this summer.
6. My Mom is coming up to be with the kids on Monday.
7. I got to see most of my family and in-laws this weekend.
8. I can include a visit to my in-laws in a list of good things.
9. UT is predicted to have a rockin’ football team this year.
10. I don’t live in Alabama.

I could go on and on, but the exercise has served its purpose for today.

I strongly recommend that you try this every so often. It promotes a healthy outlook on life.