Seldom and Never

The random ruminations of a father of two, who rarely has time to post. (I'm trying, okay, and don't quote Sean Connery to me).

Matt, go mow the grass! Then, you can take out the garbage... this message sponsored by the CMSC Better Living committee

Saturday, January 29, 2005

On my soap box...

In July, after an emergency room visit, several trips to the doc, and a bunch of tests, the only thing they found wrong with me was very elevated triglycerides. This shouldn't have been a surprise, as I had the same problem back in 1999. This time, I read up on the problem to see what I could do. It turns out that alcohol and sugar (especially honey) are my mortal enemies. I immediately swore off sugar (I didn't drink more than a beer a month anyway).

Since I stopped consuming refined sugars, I have now dropped from 239 to 207 without picking up any nasty exercise habits or reducing my fat intake. To anyone who wants to lose weight, I have this recommendation:

QUIT EATING SUGAR!!!!

Or to put it in Foosball terms: SUGAR IS THE DEVIL!