I'm done...
I woke up about an hour ago with one less lymph node and a good chunk of my back gone. I'm heavily medicated and feeling fine. For some unknown reason, part of my right leg has been shaved. None of this had anything to do with my right leg, so that's confusing. Maybe it's a fraternity prank or something. I remember in college we shaved 1/2 of Brant's body one time when he passed out, then drew "hair" back on him with a sharpie... he still kept drinking himself unconscious, so I think he liked the attention. His one eyebrow was a sight to behold.
I'll have the test results back on Friday. For those of you who I have asked for prayers, I thank you. The surgery went well. If the tests come back clear, I'm done. Keep praying for a few more days (please!).
In other news, the hospital here is incredible. Carmen had free soda and chips in the waiting room. There was a salt water aquarium in the waiting area, and a huge collection of birds in the lobby (funded by donations, not overcharging). There was a volunteer working a desk in the waiting area who gave Carmen a pager. They stayed in communication with the staff during the whole thing and paged Carmen whenever they had info to share.
The longer I'm here, the more I see what Tennessee is lacking. I think I want my family to move up here rather than us move back there. Now, I need to focus on making some friends. Okay, time to lay down.
I'll have the test results back on Friday. For those of you who I have asked for prayers, I thank you. The surgery went well. If the tests come back clear, I'm done. Keep praying for a few more days (please!).
In other news, the hospital here is incredible. Carmen had free soda and chips in the waiting room. There was a salt water aquarium in the waiting area, and a huge collection of birds in the lobby (funded by donations, not overcharging). There was a volunteer working a desk in the waiting area who gave Carmen a pager. They stayed in communication with the staff during the whole thing and paged Carmen whenever they had info to share.
The longer I'm here, the more I see what Tennessee is lacking. I think I want my family to move up here rather than us move back there. Now, I need to focus on making some friends. Okay, time to lay down.

<< Home