Greetings from Nashville!
I just got in from dinner... my boss and I came into town, checked into our hotel, and promptly went out to a 3 hour dinner at Ellendales. If you have never eaten there, it is most excellent. It's pricey for dinner, but the lunch is wonderful and reasonable. We met a former Nashvillian coworker as we came into the hotel. He had been to Sonic and was carrying what he thought would be his dinner. While chatting with him, three of the folks we're meeting with for the next two days showed up. The six of us went over and had a good meal. I had some kind of pasta with red sauce topped by a marinated grilled chicken breast stuffed with ham and mushrooms topped again by melted mozzarella. It was most excellent! When the tab came, the out of towners picked up the tab! NO EXPENSE REPORT to file for a dinner that averaged over 20 per plate. Rock.
I got back to the hotel and saw where I missed a call from Carmen. I called her back and realized that it was 11:00 where she is, and hung up. I'll have to call early tomorrow! It looks like we'll be wrapping up earlier than planned on Friday (2:00), so I'll have to wait a bit for Carmen to get here. She's driving from Knoxville to Nashville just to take me back to Knoxville this weekend. My mom is taking the afternoon off to watch the kids, so the soonest Carmen can leave is probably 11:30. That's okay. I'll use the extra time to visit with some former cohorts here at the Nashvegas office.
I love you, Carmen! I'm sorry I missed your call! Please give the kids big hugs and kisses from me!
I got back to the hotel and saw where I missed a call from Carmen. I called her back and realized that it was 11:00 where she is, and hung up. I'll have to call early tomorrow! It looks like we'll be wrapping up earlier than planned on Friday (2:00), so I'll have to wait a bit for Carmen to get here. She's driving from Knoxville to Nashville just to take me back to Knoxville this weekend. My mom is taking the afternoon off to watch the kids, so the soonest Carmen can leave is probably 11:30. That's okay. I'll use the extra time to visit with some former cohorts here at the Nashvegas office.
I love you, Carmen! I'm sorry I missed your call! Please give the kids big hugs and kisses from me!

<< Home