Seldom and Never

The random ruminations of a father of two, who rarely has time to post. (I'm trying, okay, and don't quote Sean Connery to me).

Matt, go mow the grass! Then, you can take out the garbage... this message sponsored by the CMSC Better Living committee

Monday, March 07, 2005

Relocation Package

Admittedly, I have never been relocated by a company before. Still, I can't believe that my package is standard for this type of activity. I am being given a month's salary to pay for incidentals, plus the company is paying for closing costs on my sale, closing costs on my purchase, movers to pack and move my goods, storage for up to 30 days, 7 days worth of house hunting trips for my family and I, and 2 return trips after I move.

It does make this easier to deal with. I'm a basket case now, and I can't imagine how crazy I'd be otherwise.