Seldom and Never

The random ruminations of a father of two, who rarely has time to post. (I'm trying, okay, and don't quote Sean Connery to me).

Matt, go mow the grass! Then, you can take out the garbage... this message sponsored by the CMSC Better Living committee

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

What a conundrum!

The US Military service academies are trying to "figure out reasons for dramatic drop in applications" as reported in this article by Foxnews.

Does anyone want to point out the inverse correlation between the number of deaths in military action overseas and the number of enrollees and ground beef U?

Don't get me wrong, I support our troops who are doing everything they can to follow the directives they are given from above. I have the highest respect for anyone who is voluntarily serving in our military at a time of strife, especially with the uncertain future where we have set an "invade at will" precedent.

That said, I have no respect for any mid-level government mouthpieces that can't put one and one together to make two because their superiors have told them not to talk about the number two to the media.

The point: get out of these little wars or start taking some oil to justify them. If we're out for the oil, South America would be a bit easier (it's closer, btw!). Tapping ANWAR would cost less lives.